Wedding cake tastings are scheduled every third Thursday of the month from 2pm - 6pm and are available for the following 2019 dates: January 24th, February 21st, March 21st, May 17th and June 20th.
Wedding Cake Tastings will not occur November 2018, December 2018 and April 2019. Tastings To Go will also not be available during those months.
Tastings are held at the bakery where you will see how our cakes are decorated, how to cut them and, of course, how delicious they taste! Tastings are free of charge.
Tastings To Go are also available upon request for a cost of $25.00 (which will be applied towards your future wedding cake order). Please fill out the below form and choose the "Contact me about a Tasting to go" option.
Reservations (for you and up to 3 guests) are required. To schedule your tasting, please fill out the below reservation form.
If you place your wedding cake order with us at the time of the tasting we will include a complimentary 8” anniversary cake.
Cancelation notice must be given 24 in advance of your schedule tasting.
Please call the bakery at 773-281-7300 to cancel your reservation.
Before Scheduling a cake tasting, please consider the following:
- What is the inspiration for my cake? Do I have a picture or favorite color swatch, picture or a personal item that will help with the design of my cake?
- Aside from the number of invited guests, will I need additional servings for band members, photographer, etc.?
- Am I saving the top cake tier for our first anniversary?
- If it is a large wedding, would I prefer a large multi-tiered wedding cake for the viewing table or a smaller-scaled wedding cake with a few back-up sheet cakes to be sliced for additional servings? (The second option will decrease the overall cost.)
- Did I review Dinkel's cake flavors and fillings? Did I choose 3 cake samples and 3 filling options for my tasting?
Additional information we will need when placing an order:
- Information on the wedding
- Date of wedding, number of guests, name of venue, approximate budget, name of fiancé fiancée)
- Payment: A 50% deposit for the total cost is required. Payment can be made by cash, check or credit (Visa, Mastercard, and American Express).
- The remaining balance needs to be paid in full one week prior to the wedding.
- Contact name, address and phone number of where the cake is to be delivered and name of person who will sign for the cake upon delivery.
This is the fun part of wedding planning. ENJOY IT!